Aromatherapy and the Dynamics of Addiction: Caring for the Addicted and Those Affected
Clients having addiction issues can be challenging for both the client and therapist. Those living and working with the addicted person have concerns, too. We will explore the dynamics of addiction/withdrawal/recovery and the impact upon the client, therapist and those close to the client.
Some of the topics being covered include: co-dependency issues, family roles and relationships, holistic support during addiction/withdrawal/recovery, physical health concerns, psychological and behavioral defense mechanisms, self-esteem issues.
We will examine how essential oil therapies can benefit the addicted client at each stage of the addiction/withdrawal/recovery process.
- Understand the dynamics of addiction using an holistic model of care
- Identify the major issues confronting a client with addiction issues
- Identify the major issues confronting those affected by someone else’s addiction
- Develop an holistic basic care plan for a client with addiction issues
- Review essential oils and aromatic methods that will assist the addicted client through the addiction/withdrawal/recovery process
- Explore ways to assist those who are affected by someone with addiction issues
- Review the reactions and support required by the therapist to deliver aromatic and holistic care in this situation.
The date for this event is Sunday September 10th 2017, between 10:00am. – 5:00pm.
Location: In Tsawwassen at the South Delta Recreation Centre, located at 1720 56th St, South Delta
There will be coffee, tea & water provided throughout the day, as well as a lunch included with your registration.
Early bird registration for active BCAPA members will be $100.00 until August 10th 2017
After Aug 10th and for non-members the registration fee will be $120.00
The BCAPA will grant 4 CE Credits for those in attendance.
To register, please follow this link: https://www.bcapa.org/home/events/upcoming-bcapa-events/
And if you have any further questions please contact Michelle at: email@example.com